It’s not enough for a new product simply to be better. Unless the gains far outweigh the losses, customers will not adopt it.Change is hard, adds Gourville, but it is attainable. If you do not understand the universal psychological bias that people overvalue the benefits of what they have over what they are missing, you will be less able to convince your potential clients.
Why Sales Decks are Vital
[Y]our sales deck should showcase what the benefits are, and the reasons why, your product or service should be considered by the customer. – Beth Hendricks, Study.com
- Make sure your presentation is a two-way dialogue
- Keep your audience engaged by using less text and more charts, graphics, and images
- Remember that the presentation is for your potential client, not for yourself
- Make your sales deck support your presentation by including the context that will spark conversation
- Customize your information to the client’s interest. The client should feel that the focus is on their needs
- Share solutions first
- Use case studies as examples
- Welcome interruptions
- Keep it short and sweet
Let’s jump into the examples…
8 Sales Deck Examples
1. Relink Sales DeckRelink uses artificial intelligence and data science to connect jobs to applicants and applicants to jobs. Their deck really massages their potential customers pain point on slide 8: “Over half of the Fortune 500 companies has disappeared in the past 15 years.
2. Amazon Advertising Pitch DeckAmazon hit home their point on slide 2 of their sales deck by hammering their value proposition: “behaviours of billions of customers shopping experiences”.
3. Reddit Ad Sales DeckIn 2018, Reddit introduced its new sales deck that described sponsored posts with video; examples of how they have increased business results for clients, along with information that showed its users are “heavy online spenders.” They really focus on their “home of the internet” brand and show an incredible growth chart on slide 2.
4. LeadCrunch Sales DeckLeadCrunch uses artificial intelligence to find leads for B2B companies. They tell the story for 10 whole slides before introducing their product, check it out ^^
5. SalesForce Sales PresentationThis deck is behind the #1 Customer Relationship Management solution, Sales Cloud. Salesforce’s sales presentation includes long customer case studies from slide 19 to hammer home their value proposition.
6. ProPad Sales Deck ExampleProPad’s “product management software” sales deck describes the problem the client is having and tells them how their company will solve it. They use:
- Simple slideshow graphics
- Bold sentences
- Bullet points
- The words “you” and “your”
- Answers to their prospects’ what, why, and how questions
7. Office 365 Sales Deck ExampleThis sales deck:
- Uses the same colors as in all their productivity apps because they feel it denotes synergy
- Has images of professionals as they are working in the background of their slides to promote collaboration and productivity
- Highlights text behind bright, vivid color blocks to draw the audience’s attention and get their attention drawn to the entire page
8. Richter Sales DecksThe Richter slide deck begins with an introduction to the problem and follows with a value proposition and a solution. They hammer home the social proof in slides 6 and 7 ^^
BONUS – Two Explanation DecksThese two bonus decks elaborate on how to construct a hard hitting, attention grabbing sales deck…
1. Anatomy of a Persuasive Sales Deck, Steven Benson, CEO of BadgerMaps.comSteven Benson uses this deck to:
- Show companies that only those who adapt will survive.
- Remind businesses to avoid unnecessary industry jargon.
- Emphasize that the way companies sell is changing.
- Share that a desirable solution is attainable.
2. The Deck On Sales Decks, Authur Gopak, CEO at AlphaGammaThis explanation of what makes an excellent sales presentation includes suggestions such as:
- Limit the amount of words used
- Produce your performance around a story
- Create your deck to encourage conversation
- Share how to overcome obstacles
Constructing exceptional sales decks means that your business has to take the time and human resources to give its clients what they want. To do this, you must include:
- An exciting and captivating title for your presentation
- An explanation of what your submission will contain
- A thorough but lean description of your company
- An overview of your mission
- The benefits of your service or product
- An introduction to your team
- The price of your product, subscription, or service
- An explanation of the steps your audience needs to take next