Many of these have been enabled by the company’s strategy of acquiring existing businesses when it wants to add capability. One list suggests that since 2006, Salesforce has bought 48 companies that offer complementary services. Our research in previous years has revealed that Salesforce integrations are one of the key pain points. To help address this, Salesforce has recently acquired MuleSoft for over $6.5 billion.
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS & enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise and it is clearly a strategic move to help solve the integration challenge and evolve Salesforce ever more into a platform. A really significant development affecting Salesforce and the ecosystem of customers and AppExchange partners is that 2018 marks the arrival of landmark data privacy regulation.
And it’s not just Europe and the GDPR. This follows regulatory reform in Canada, Japan, and Australia. This raises the question of how Salesforce users are meeting the demands of a post-GDPR world?
But it’s still an irresistible force…
Whatever the challenges Salesforce creates, users and leading IT analyst organisations alike can’t help but find Salesforce anything other than irresistible! According to IDC Salesforce has…”…remained the number one CRM provider based on the IDC Market Share Revenue Worldwide.” In 2018 Gartner, positioned Salesforce as a Leader in its industry benchmarking Magic Quadrant chart for three established classes of business software:
- CRM Customer Engagement Center
- The familiar CRM sales management application
- Configure, Price and Quote Application Suites
- CPQ applications for complex sales environments
- Enterprise High-Productivity Application Platform as a Service
- A cloud-based platform that lets enterprises develop their own apps quickly and with minimal expertise
One really impressive thing is that it has been classified as a Leader in CRM by Gartner for 10 consecutive years. Gartner adapts and re-classifies software groups in line with market developments. So, from 2009-2012, salesforce.com was positioned as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Service Contact Centers. Then, from 2013-2014, Salesforce was included in the Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center as salesforce.com.
Build your intelligence on how others are using Salesforce
For organisations using Salesforce it is the beating heart of sales. It stands to reason that any company that organises its customer activity through Salesforce should have access to the best intelligence on trends and information about how others are using the platform.
The Ebsta Salesforce Usage Report does just that. Now in its third year, our Salesforce Usage Report presents survey findings of over 667 Salesforce Users across the globe. Discover the top Salesforce challenges and benchmark your own usage against your peers. Inside the Ebsta Salesforce Usage Report 2018 you’ll find out about:
- The biggest challenges facing Salesforce users, including findings on data quality, systems integration and user adoption
- Statistics including business demographics, usage habits and patterns across companies, and record update rates
- Why GDPR is an opportunity to improve the way companies use data to drive their business strategies around their customers
- The importance of the Salesforce Administrator and issues concerning them and determining their future use of the platform
- Some numbers on people using Trailhead learning and development with expectations for continuing professional development (CPD)
- Views taken from salespeople and commentary from Salesforce MVPs and experts
Get better intelligence on Salesforce with Ebsta
The Ebsta Salesforce Usage Report is essential reading for everyone managing sales. It is taken from research gathered from key stakeholders in Salesforce implementations that use the Ebsta Chrome Extension and Customer Engagement Platform.
Across our global user base, predominantly located in the US Europe and APAC, you can measure where you are against your peers and competitors.
Make sure you have the intelligence you need to stay on top of and understand the insights and trends that help you to keep winning with Salesforce.
You can also claim your copy of the 2019 Salesforce Usage Report: insights from over 500 companies across six continents. From those on the front line of sales through to the decision makers confirming budgets and direction with Salesforce.