Table of Contents
Share this article
Learn from the brightest minds how to predictably and efficiently grow revenue.
This week on the Revenue Insights Podcast, we are joined by Penina Shtauber, Marketing Director at ScaleOps, Israel’s leading HubSpot partner and Revenue Operations company. In this episode, Lee and Penina explore ScaleOps’ work providing both revenue operations and marketing operations as a service. They delve into the issues surrounding CRM adoption, how businesses can...
Unlocking the Full Potential of Enterprise Sales with Shannon Reedy, Chief Revenue Officer at Terakeet
This week on the Revenue Insights Podcast, we are joined by Shannon Reedy, Chief Revenue Officer at Terakeet, the preferred owned asset optimization (OAO) partner for Fortune 500 brands seeking meaningful customer connections and online business growth.
Reverse Engineering Your Sales Meetings with Kevin O’Connell, Vice President Global Sales at Seismic
This week on the Revenue Insights Podcast, we’re joined by Kevin O’Connell, Vice President Global Sales at Seismic. In this episode, Kevin discusses his experience driving the sales team at Seismic. He talks us through the importance of preparation for all aspects of sales and how he operationalizes good preparation across his team. He further...
Enable Your Prospects, Not Just Your Team with Roy Schuhmacher, VP, Sales and Business Development at NAS
This week on the Revenue Insights Podcast, we are joined by Roy Schuhmacher, VP of Sales and Business Development at NAS Recruitment Innovation, a leader in recruitment marketing.
In this episode, Lee and Roy discuss his journey from running his own business to starting at the bottom of the business food-chain. They further delve into identifying and replicating winning behaviors, the value of personalization and how to scale it, and the importance of enabling prospects, not just your team.
Roy Schuhmacher is the Vice President of Sales and Business Development at NAS Recruitment Innovation where he is responsible for GTM Strategy and Direction, TAM Research and Analysis, Sales Enablement, Sequence Design and Optimization, and much more. Prior to joining NAS, he was a Mid-Enterprise Account Executive at Beamery where he worked to create more human experiences for talent, unlocking the skills and potential of the global workforce.
- Roy Schuhmacher on LinkedIn
- NAS Recruitment Innovation Website
- Ebsta Revenue Insights Newsletter
- Roy’s Book Recommendation: 4DX
- 00:26 – Roy’s journey to VP, Sales and Business Development, at NAS
- 05:52 – Pivoting from Founder to employee
- 08:38 – What makes up the NAS team?
- 10:27 – Changing long-standing processes for the better
- 16:41 – Approaching enablement to produce consistency across the team
- 21:49 – Making personalization scalable
- 25:59 – The process from booking meetings to revenue generation
- 29:58 – Engaging stakeholders
- 31:58 – Roy’s biggest challenge: worrying about when the contract isn’t signed post-sale
- 36:22 – Roy’s book recommendation – 4DX: The 4 Disciplines of Execution
Identifying and Replication Winning Behaviors
Roy is a big believer in understanding what his high-performers are doing, then taking those behaviors and turning them into processes for others to follow. He is prepared to take part in the activity himself to understand it fully, rather than arbitrarily telling a team “use this method” with no justification that it works. He’ll see the processes they are already using and what it yields, and then try his own processes and look at the numbers comparatively. If the new process achieves X in 2 hours, while the existing one took 6 hours to achieve the same outcome, it’s clear which should be followed.
Making Personalization Scalable
Most people don’t think that being human is scalable, and so they turn to automation and AI to get more ‘spray and pay’. According to Roy, that’s not really that effective and they won’t be standing out because it’s so overdone in the current landscape. Roy says leaders need to just be human and personalize recruitment experiences, offering advice on how to make personalisation scalable and overcome those initial objections.
The Importance of Enabling Prospects, Not Just Your Team
Roy discusses the importances of ensuring you equip your champion with all the key details and insight they need to go and sell your product internally. He approaches it by assessing their pain point first, and then showing them how it could be fixed, adopting them as part of his team and enabling them to solve their pain issues by selling the product into their organization.
Subscribe to the Revenue Insights Podcast:
- A New Focus For CMOs: Achieve More with Less with Jeff Marcoux of Bombora
- How to Prevent Deal Slippage in 2023 with Brad McGinity at Hone
- Mastering the Art of Relationship Building with Jaime Konzelman, Vice President, Sales at Unisys
- Establishing a High-Performance Business through Efficient Change Management with Zach Gropper, Founder, and CEO at Insight Revenue