Product Update: Relate Attachments to Salesforce Files in Lightning
The rumors are true. Salesforce Files are taking over!
Files came onto the scene when they were first introduced in the Salesforce Winter ’16 release, intending to be part of the evolution of content management for Salesforce users.
Salesforce Classic allows users to add several different kinds of files — Documents, Content, Attachments, and Files. Whereas in Lightning Experience, Salesforce Files unifies all your users’ Documents, Content, Attachments, and Files into a single system for easier management and collaboration.
As users continue to move to Salesforce Lightning from Classic, the transition of relating attachments to files becomes a concern.
In this release note, you’ll learn how to relate attachments to Salesforce Files from Gmail.
How To Get Set-Up
- Go to Settings –> Inbox – Customization
- Go to the Add Email Pop Up tab
- Select Files
- Click Save Changes
How To Add Email Attachments in Gmail To Salesforce
- In Gmail, click the Advanced Add button within the email body.
- Ebsta will automatically relate the email to the appropriate record in Salesforce. You can amend this as necessary.
- To add the attachment to Salesforce, click on the attachment title so that it turns green and click Save.
- The email will be added to Salesforce in the usual way, the attachment will either be added to the Notes & Attachments section or Salesforce Files depending on your set up.
- Ebsta Inbox
- Salesforce Lightning
Who Get It?
This update is available for all existing Ebsta Inbox customers.
If you’d like to trial Ebsta Inbox for Gmail, please install it from here.
We’ve created a Knowledge base article that shows a step-by-step guide on how to relate attachments to a Salesforce record.
For all product related enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.